- Live shows starring Bob Odenkirk, Patton Oswalt, Maria Bamford, Reggie Watts, David Cross, Mike Birbiglia, Judah Friedlander, Janeane Garofalo, Julio Torres, Chris Gethard, Jo Firestone, Hari Kondabolu, and more have already taken place in California, Georgia, Illinois, New York, and Texas.
- We provide comedians with resources to do Voter Registration (VR) and Get Out The Vote (GOTV) drives at their shows and online directly to their fans
- We produce free pop-up comedy shows featuring local comedians in areas where voter impact will be greatest
- Digital Field Organizing: The Comedy Resistance uses apps and text messages from comedians which members can share to inspire their friends, family, coworkers, and fellow fans to vote.
- On every tour stop, we create an infrastructure of local comedians, activists, venues, and volunteer organizations to continue Voter Registration drives, launch Get Out The Vote campaigns.
- We do VR at Naturalization ceremonies throughout the country, so that on the day immigrants become citizens, they become voters, welcomed by our comedy family
- We have partnered with other nonpartisan grassroots organizations focused on millennial activism and issues advocacy, connecting their tools and resources with our comedians and comedy audience. Check out: VoteWithMe, Headcount, DoSomething.org, ACLU Voter, ACLU People Power, NRDC, Turnout Project –League of Woman Voters Texas, Indivisible, Imagine Action OC, HOPE, Georgia Tech Student Government and more.
The Comedy Resistance is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization using live events, local activism, and digital content and tools to inspire comedians and comedy fans to increased civic engagement via voter registration, Get Out The Vote campaigns, and ongoing activism to drive policy.