JOIN OUR COMEDIANS AND HELP GET OUT THE VOTE –Volunteer for the Georgia Runoffs
FIND YOUR POLLING PLACE AND BALLOT STATUS HERE: https://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov
CALL THE GEORGIA VOTER PROTECTION HOTLINE: 888.730.5816
December 7 – Voter Registration Deadline
December 14 – Start of Early Voting
January 1 – Last Day to Request Absentee Ballot
January 5 – Election Day
REGISTER TO VOTE HERE: https://registertovote.sos.ga.gov
REQUEST YOUR ABSENTEE BALLOT HERE: https://ballotrequest.sos.ga.gov/
Official Election Info: https://georgia.gov/voting
Provisional and Absentee Ballot Info: https://www.vote411.org/georgia
Need more info? Read below.
It is critical that you know if you’re registered – Georgia generally purges people from the voter rolls after they miss two major elections. You will not be able to vote if you are not registered.
Make Sure You’re Eligible to register to vote, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a legal resident of the county
- Be at least 17 1/2 years of age to register and 18 years of age to vote
- Not be serving a sentence for conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
- Have not been found mentally incompetent by a judge
You can register online or by mail. You may register online directly if you have a state issued ID. If you don’t have state ID, print out an application and bring proof of residence to the polls. Proof of residence can be a utility bill, etc.
Voting: ID Info
You will need a form of ID at the polls. What IDs Are Acceptable?
- Any valid state or federal government-issued photo ID, including a free ID Card issued by your county registrar’s office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
- A Georgia Driver’s License, even if expired
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
- Valid U.S. passport ID
- Valid U.S. military photo ID
- Valid tribal photo ID
What if I don’t have one of the six acceptable forms of Photo ID?
- The State of Georgia offers a free ID Card. An ID Card can be issued at any county registrar’s office free of charge.
- To receive a voter identification card at the county registrar’s office, the voter must provide:
- A photo identity document or approved non-photo identity document that includes full legal name and date of birth.
- Documentation showing the voter’s date of birth.
- Evidence that the applicant is a registered voter.
- Documentation showing the applicant’s name and residential address.